Bienta Molecular Screening (HTS) Laboratory is a well-equipped screening facility with a broad range of liquid handling and signal detection capabilities and the capacity to run both biochemical and cell-based assays in 384-well and 96-well plate format. Assay read-out platforms we can implement for a screening project include UV-VIS absorbance, luminescence, fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarization, time-resolved fluorescence/energy transfer (FRET, TR-FRET, HTRF, DELFIA, LANCE), cellular calcium mobilization (FLIPR), ELISA, AlphaScreen, enzyme/reporter assays, cell viability assays and others. The main purpose of the Screening group is to provide Hit Finding and Hit-To-Lead support contractual services to the biotech and pharma community. We are also open to discussing shared-risk exploratory Hit Finding projects with the industry or academic partners, including the discovery and optimization of pharmacological tool compounds for new or poorly validated targets.
Key features and technical capabilities of our HTS Lab include:
- 7 robotic liquid handlers, 6 multimode plate readers and accessory equipment (dispensers, stackers, shakers, incubators) allowing us to accomodate a variety of mid- to high-throughput screening projects involving diverse target types
- Fully equipped tissue culture room (2 biosafety cabinets, 2 CO2 incubators)
- State of the art equipment for screening on GPCR and ion channel targets - FLIPR Tetra and FlexStation systems from Molecular Devices
- In-house DMPK support of discovery projects
- In-house capability for recombinant protein expression and purification, peptide synthesis
- in silico modeling and chemoinformatics support
- Rapid on-site access to 2.2 M stock compound collection and 16M+ Real Database virtual collection with high synthetic feasibility allows running highly efficient, iterative screening campaigns
Please proceed to the Bienta website for more information and assay details.